Job listings from local job search engines:
- Local Employer Announcements
- Craig's List—Washington, DC
- CODEPEN Job Board
- Indeed Job Search
- Nonprofit Jobs
- State of Maryland Jobs
- STC Job Bank
- STC Technical Editing SIG Jobs
- Technical Writers—Washington Post
- How Do I Send You a Job Announcement?
- What Else will Help Job Seekers?
- Related Links
Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
Local Employer Announcements
In addition to looking through these employment RSS feeds, check the Local Employer Job Announcements page for job opportunities sent to us directly from local employers.
Craig's List—Washington, DC
Jobs with Washington, DC Nonprofits
https://www.idealist.org/en/ search Idealist.org for jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities, job fairs, and graduate schools
Search Glassdoor Jobs in Baltimore, MD [doesn't work in Google Chrome—use Firefox or Safari]
Search Glassdoor Jobs in Washington, DC [doesn't work in Google Chrome—use Firefox or Safari]
Indeed Job Search
SmartRecruiters Marketplace Jobsearch use keywords DC, MD, VA.
SimplyHired, Washington, DC
State of Maryland Jobs
Full search of all state agencies is at https://jobapscloud.com/MD/default.asp
STC Job Bank Listings
Search STC Job Bank search for job title and a state (only one at a time)
STC Technical Editing SIG Jobs
Technical Writers—Washington Post
Technical Writer listings in the Washington Post for the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
How Do I Send You a Job Announcement?
Send an email message to the Website Team Assistant , Vacant, at website team assistent with the following information:
- Company Name and Website:
- Job Title:
- Job Description:
- Job Type (fill time, half time, telecommute, onsite or offsite contract, etc.):
- Contract Duration, if any:
- Job Location City, State, Zip-Code:
- Salary Range:
- Experience Level:
- Security Clearance Needed:
- Job Responsibilities:
- Required Experience and Qualifications:
- About the Hiring Company (brief info about the company the job is for–not the recruiting agency):
- How to Apply:
- Apply by Date:
- URL for applying online
If we have questions:
- Your Contact Name:
- Your Contact Phone Number:
- Your Contact Email:
What Else will Help Job Seekers?
- This site's home page of Job Announcement Feeds RSS feeds from a variety of job announcement feeds.
- This site's Employment Resources page for leads to local internships, where to look for jobs, STC and non-STC employment resources, and salary surveys.
- Also look on the Web at the home pages for specific companies you are interested in. Most of them have an employment (jobs, careers) page where you can apply directly to the company.
- Where can I post my job announcement with the STC society?
- Employers and recruiters may review resumes and post jobs on the STC Job Bank. Visit the STC Job Bank page for pricing options and more to take advantage of the experience and skills gained by hiring STC members.
- Where can I post my resume?
- STC members may post their resumes for free on the STC Job Bank https://careers.stc.org/.