Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
Technical Communication Advice, News, and Information
Read news and information related to technical communication.
- Where can I post my job announcement?
- Employers and recruiters may review resumes and post jobs on the STC Job Bank. Visit the STC Job Bank page for pricing options and more to take advantage of the experience and skills gained by hiring STC members.
- Where can I post my resume?
- STC members may post their resumes for free on the STC Job Bank https://careers.stc.org/.
Occupational Outlook Quarterly Article on Internet Job Hunting Resources (how to use the Internet to look for a job)
- 3 Unique Strategies for Goal SettingThere are so many different ways to frame your goals, beyond the typical S.M.A.R.T. goal model! If you’re working hard, but not getting the results you want, it could be time to re-evaluate your goals, and approach them differently using these three frameworks. 1. Kylego Goals What it is: With… Read more »
- The Dos & Don’ts of Employee ReferralsAn employee referral is when an employee refers to a candidate for a job opportunity within their organization. Referring a friend can seem like an easy win for all parties. First, it’s a great way to help your company’s talent pipeline, as referrals are cheaper, faster, and make for better… Read more »
- Why Benefits Matter Just as Much as Your SalaryLet’s be honest — when evaluating a job offer, your eyes usually drift over to the starting salary right away. It’s easy to become fixated on this figure, too. If you’re considering two different opportunities that you’re equally excited about, you’re more likely to go with the one that pays… Read more »
- 3 Ways to Help Your Career as a Stay-at-Home ParentSome parents choose to stay home for many years to raise kids. Others do so because the cost of childcare would pretty much wipe out any income they’d earn from their jobs. If you’re a stay-at-home parent, chances are that you’d like to get back into the workforce someday, whether it’s in… Read more »
- How to Respond to a Recruiter’s InMail on LinkedInWith a healthy labor market, record low unemployment and steady wage growth, U.S. job seekers are in the driver’s seat of their careers. Employers are eager to show you more than the basic job description. They are beefing up their employer branding, benefits, perks and insights into their company culture… Read more »
- Inside the Gig Economy: How to Avoid Burnout & Working Yourself to DeathNearly everyone can burn out at work. We unwittingly overdo it and flame out. We commit to projects that we’ve underestimated in terms of time and effort. We get overwhelmed and resentful. It’s no different for gig workers, but the burn out rate seems to escalate when giggers haven’t planned… Read more »
- 25 Jobs with the Best Career Opportunities in the U.S.It’s back to school season and college students across the country are eager to figure out which career paths to take. To help, Glassdoor analyzed millions of employee reviews on Glassdoor to unearth the 25 Jobs with the Best Career Opportunities that boast top-notch career momentum, pay well above what… Read more »
- Hot Companies Hiring Product Managers in San FranciscoApplying to a new job can be nervewracking. You may worry whether your resume is up to snuff, if the company will ultimately contact you, and — if you’re lucky enough to snag a job offer — whether you will love your new workplace. But it’s time to relax: Glassdoor… Read more »
- What Is the Difference Between Complacence and Complaisance?Complacence and complaisance are distinct words with different meanings. Understanding the difference could save a lot of embarrassment. The post What Is the Difference Between Complacence and Complaisance? appeared first on ProEdit. Read more »
- 7 Advanced Keyboard Shortcuts for Editing and Formatting in Microsoft WordPro writers and editors save time with these seven advanced keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Word for PC and Mac. The post 7 Advanced Keyboard Shortcuts for Editing and Formatting in Microsoft Word appeared first on ProEdit. Read more »
- Elearning Development and the Instructional Design ProcessElearning delivers information over the web to your associates, customers, and the public. Start small by redesigning existing slide decks into video presentations. Or, upgrade to a custom, interactive elearning program for your online learning management system, or LMS. Elearning development begins with… The post Elearning Development and the Instructional… Read more »