Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
Technical Communication Advice, News, and Information
Read news and information related to technical communication.
- Where can I post my job announcement?
- Employers and recruiters may review resumes and post jobs on the STC Job Bank. Visit the STC Job Bank page for pricing options and more to take advantage of the experience and skills gained by hiring STC members.
- Where can I post my resume?
- STC members may post their resumes for free on the STC Job Bank https://careers.stc.org/.
Occupational Outlook Quarterly Article on Internet Job Hunting Resources (how to use the Internet to look for a job)
- How To Give Original Answers To 7 Cliché Interview QuestionsThroughout your career, you will participate in many, many job interviews. In all of these interviews, there are a few questions you will hear time and time again. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Why should we hire you? Even though these questions are incredibly cliché, there’s a… Read more »
- Should You Take a Pay Cut to Work From Home?These days, a growing number of companies are adopting work-from-home policies to grant workers more flexibility. And in many cases, employees aren’t suffering financially because of it. Much of the time, workers who do their jobs remotely earn the same salary as in-office employees, according to FlexJobs, and in some cases,… Read more »
- When Confiding in a Coworker Isn’t Enough, Find a Trained Peer CounselorThink of a time at work when you felt confused, conflicted, or frustrated. Who did you turn to? Maybe it was a friend or family member that you trust, or perhaps it was your go-to work buddy. If this sounds familiar, you’re not alone. Research shows that most people first… Read more »
- Hot Jobs for Workers Without a Bachelor’s DegreeToday’s job market values skills and talents, not just degrees. In fact, some of the top jobs with the fastest growth in median base pay for full-time workers are restaurant cook, EMT, machine operator, and security officer, according to Glassdoor’s Job Market Report. The common theme in many of these… Read more »
- 5 Seemingly Insignificant Actions that Will Make You a More Attractive HireAccording to data from Glassdoor, the average corporate job opening attracts 250 résumés, out of which a maximum of six, or just 2.4 percent of those who applied, are called for an interview. When applying for a job, the odds are simply stacked against you. There are some simple, seemingly… Read more »
- Hot Companies Hiring Product ManagersWith excellent collaboration and organizational skills, a product manager is the person responsible for defining the why, when, and what of the product that the engineering team builds. They set the strategy, roadmap and tactics for a product rollout, especially at tech companies. Whether they have a business background or… Read more »
- New Survey: Company Mission & Culture Matter More Than SalaryWhile high salaries and unique perks may have once been the keys to attracting top talent, a new survey from Glassdoor shows that a company’s mission and culture matter most to job seekers. Glassdoor’s Mission & Culture Survey 2019 found that over 77% of adults across four countries (the United… Read more »
- Inside the Gig Economy: ‘Be Tenacious Without Being a Pest’Nadine Mendoza says she’s been lucky. Maybe, but more likely, Mendoza’s thriving gig career proves one of the first principles of successful gigging – the more people you know, the better your chances of working. It’s all about connections. “Most of my gigs came through friends and former colleagues,” says… Read more »
- What Is the Difference Between Complacence and Complaisance?Complacence and complaisance are distinct words with different meanings. Understanding the difference could save a lot of embarrassment. The post What Is the Difference Between Complacence and Complaisance? appeared first on ProEdit. Read more »
- 7 Advanced Keyboard Shortcuts for Editing and Formatting in Microsoft WordPro writers and editors save time with these seven advanced keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Word for PC and Mac. The post 7 Advanced Keyboard Shortcuts for Editing and Formatting in Microsoft Word appeared first on ProEdit. Read more »
- Elearning Development and the Instructional Design ProcessElearning delivers information over the web to your associates, customers, and the public. Start small by redesigning existing slide decks into video presentations. Or, upgrade to a custom, interactive elearning program for your online learning management system, or LMS. Elearning development begins with… The post Elearning Development and the Instructional… Read more »