Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
Local Employer News
Occasionally employers and recruiters send us a job announcement to post about a local job opportunity. Recent ones are listed below.
Job Opportunity for a Communications Specialist with the FAA
Directus Consulting in McLean, VA, is seeking a mid-level communications specialist for contract work with the FAA. The communications specialist will execute a marketing strategy for the FAA. This project includes executing an internal marketing plan, developing corresponding deliverables, and working with various agency stakeholders to ensure consistent messaging and execution. This is a unique opportunity for the right person looking to roll up their sleeves and take ownership of current and future communications products and strategies.
- Job Type:
- Full-time on site at FAA Headquarters in Wash, DC, and some days at the Directus Consulting office in McLean, VA.
- Contract Duration:
- 1 year.
- Job Location:
- FAA Headquarters in Wash, DC and some days at the Directus Consulting office in McLean, VA
- Salary Range:
- Experience Level:
- Mid- to senior level
- Security Clearance Needed:
- Job Responsibilities:
- This job is well suited to a senior technical writer with federal government technical program experience consulting or advising at the executive level.
- Work directly for federal project lead and federal communications manager to support program communications within a division
- Ability to distill highly technical information to plain language
- Ability to work with highly technical people and executives
- Experience using a communications strategy to gain buy-in and collaboration across a federal agency
- Ability to work in a highly diverse political environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Expert PowerPoint skills required
- High attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to effectively meet project deadlines
- Experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree a plus
- Experience as a communications professional in a federal agency
- Has developed (or helped to develop) and executed a communications strategy involving multiple vehicles
- Has developed communications collateral for federal clients – this may include flyers, internet site content, talking points, messaging, speeches, etc. (Note that graphic design support is provided for this position.)
- Experience writing articles and designing communications collateral
- Experience collaborating with communications professionals across an agency
- About the Hiring Company:
- Directus Consulting – small, top notch IT firm with multiple federal contracts
- How to Apply:
- Apply online at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/650990605/
- Apply by:
- Apply as soon as possible. This job is hiring immediately.
Recruitment is managed by Greg Parrish (firstname.lastname@example.org). You may contact him directly.
What Else will Help Me?
- This site's home page of Job Announcement Feeds RSS feeds from a variety of job announcement feeds.
- This site's Employment Resources page for leads to local internships, where to look for jobs, STC and non-STC employment resources, and salary surveys.
- Also look on the Web at the home pages for specific companies you are interested in. Most of them have an employment (jobs, careers) page where you can apply directly to the company.
- How do I send you a job announcement?
- Send an email message to the Website Team Assistant , Lloyd Thompson-Taylor, at website assistent with the following information:
- Company Name and Website.
- Job Title
- Job Description
- Job Type (fill time, half time, telecommute, onsite or offsite contract, etc.)
- Contract Duration, if any
- Job Location City, State, Zip-Code,
- Salary Range
- Experience Level
- Security Clearance Needed
- Job Responsibilities
- Job Requirements
- About the Hiring Company (brief info about the company the job is for–not the recruiting agency)
- How to Apply
- Apply by Date
- URL for applying online
If we have questions:
- Your Contact Name
- Your Contact Phone Number
- Your Contact Email
- Where can I post my job announcement with the STC society?
- Employers and recruiters may review resumes and post jobs on the STC Job Bank. Visit the STC Job Bank page for pricing options and more to take advantage of the experience and skills gained by hiring STC members.
- Where can I post my resume?
- STC members may post their resumes for free on the STC Job Bank https://careers.stc.org/.